Tuesday, August 7, 2012

The First Law Trilogy, what a read!

A few months ago I was in search of a new book to read. I read mostly fantasy novels with the occasional book on Sasquatch or some other crypto beast. I happen to just grab a book by a newer author Joe Abercrombie http://www.joeabercrombie.com/ titled, The Blade Itself, the first book in a trilogy named the The First Law. I was extremely impressed and pleasantly surprised by how captivating the story telling by Mr. Abercrombie was. It has been a long time since I found a book that grabbed my attention the way this story did. I have read everything I could get my hands on by JRR Tolkien, I've read nearly every book ever published under the Dragon Lance series, I've read the entire Chronicles of Narnia, and even adventured with Robert Louis Stevenson, and I would be hard pressed not to include this author amongst them.

I am halfway through the second book of the series Before They Are Hanged and this book is even more captivating than the first. I applaud the author for his story telling and excellent character base. The author has published several other books and I am sure I will be spending a lot more money on more of his tales.

No comments:

Post a Comment