Monday, August 13, 2012

Hollywood, The Land of Uoriginality!

I was just reading through some entertainment news (why?)I haven't figured that out yet. I am so sick of Hollywood's regurgitated garbage it is almost sickening. Can the writers and studios not come up with an original idea? Do we really need a re-make of Red Dawn? When the first one came out, in the midst of the Cold War it was something almost on a believable level. The movie was also something new and different.

I can't even begin to count the amount of movie in the last 5 years that have been direct re-makes or renditions of older movies and TV shows. Here's a small list of what of can remember, and not all of these movies were bad, some I actually enjoyed, but why can we not see an original, never-done-before film?

1. Red Dawn
2. Starsky and Hutch
3. Dirty Dancing
4. Footloose
5. The Lost World
6. The A-Team

This doesn't include the multi-tude of Super Hero/Sci-Fi films that are based off of cartoons and comics from days gone by. Here's some of them

1. GI Joe
2. Transformers
3. Spider Man, Avengers, Hulk, Iron Man, Cap Am., Batman, ETC, ETC.,ETC.

I know there are many, many more than this list, and I just wish Hollywood would go back to developing and creating stories I could watch so intently that I'd get lost in the film.

No comments:

Post a Comment